LONG TERM PROJECT VISION
Track our project’s progress here
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH AND OTHER GOALS
Project builds upon newest scientific research (sensor fusion and display algorithms applied to VR/AR systems, terrestrial precise positioning) and 2 pre-commercial disruptive technologies based on industrial research which will reach their full potential in next 2-3 years.
Previous scientific research:
- AR Rift Project – University College London (Department of Computer Science)
- Project Holodeck – USC Viterbi School of Engineering (Department of Computer Science)
- AR Quake – University of South Australia (Wearable Computer Lab)
Examples of industrial research and pre-commercial technologies:
- Oculus Rift, Sony Morpheus – VR helmets
- Locata Ltd – terrestrial precise positioning technology
During the course of the project, the most important secondary goals are to: get technical knowledge about augmented reality software development and sensor fusion, to be able to become a knowledge-based industry player in the segment of augmented reality systems in Europe transfer technical knowledge to local experts about precise positioning system implementation and configuration.
The tertiary goals are to:
- scientifically study the applications of sensor fusion algorithms to produce the most precise result possible for the system
- scientifically study the influence of augmented reality systems on human perception, psychology and body movement, and
- scientifically study the various precise positioning system setups in coordination with leading scientific authorities